And why do I dance leads me into “why do I stitch?”
I stitch because:
- I like to create beauty from small bits of “stuff.”
- I like the feel and texture of the supplies.
- My husband, the EO, would be REALLY annoyed if I just brought supplies home to pet them like cats and never used them.
- I love the variety of things one small piece of thread can turn into.
- Egotistically, maybe, I love the fact that I can say, “I made that” when I’m finished. Note: sometimes I say, “I can’t believe I made that. It’s so beautiful!”
- Like dancing, I can’t not stitch and still be me.